RANZCR CPD Requirements (2023)
The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists (RANZCR) recently updated their Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements for radiology professionals to better align with the Medical Board of Australia (MBA), and the Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ). The new CPD requirements aim to promote the continuous learning and development of radiologists, ensuring that they remain up-to-date with the latest advancements and technologies in the field of radiology.
The new CPD program requires radiologists to:
- Complete a minimum of 50 hours of CPD annually rather than triannually
- Record CPD activities in any of the 3 broad categories:
- Category 1: Educational Activities
- Category 2: Reviewing and Reflecting on Performance
- Category 3: Measuring and Improving Outcomes
- Complete a Professional Development Plan (PDP)
- If reporting MRI, 8 CPD hours are required annually (Clinical Radiology and Australian-based members only)
- If reporting Mammography, 4 CPD hours are required annually (Clinical Radiology and Australian-based members only)
There will also be an additional minimum requirement of activity that needs to be met across the 3 broad categories:
- 12.5 hours (25%) of hours recorded under Category 1: Educational Activities
- 25 hours (50%) of hours recorded across Reviewing Performance and Reflecting on Practice and Measuring and Improving Outcomes (with a minimum of 5 hours for each category)
- e.g. 5 hours in Reviewing performance category and 20 hours in measuring outcomes category
- The remaining 25% (12.5 hours) distributed across any of the three types of CPD
You can review the latest CPD requirements for 2023 in the RANZCR CPD Handbook.
How can MRI Online help radiologists meet the new 2023 RANZCR requirements?
MRI Online can now help radiologists in Australia and New Zealand meet their RANZCR Category 1 and 2 CPD requirements.
- All MRI Online microlearning activities and scheduled Remote Fellowship qualify for Category 1 credit
- Complete 12.5 credits of the activities from any of the following categories to earn your annual Category 1 CPD
To earn Category 1 credit, follow these steps:
- Complete any of the course and redeem your CPD hours from MRI Online’s platform
- Submit your CPD certificate to RANZCR
- Radiologists may earn between 5 and 20 CPD hours in this category
- MRI Online will provide radiologists to complete a Reflective Diary at the end of each of the following activities in order to earn this credit type:
To earn Category 2 credit, follow these steps:
- At the conclusion of the course, complete the Course Evaluation
- Select that you wish to redeem RANZCR Category 2 CPD from the course during the evaluation
- Complete the reflective diary.
- We recommend writing around 2-3 sentences of reflection for each of the questions
- Submit the course evaluation
- You will be emailed your reflective diary submission within 5-7 business days of its completion
- Upload your Reflective Diary to your CPD e-Portfolio